Retained Earnings from Previous Year

Roger Miskowicz aretae at magma.ca
Fri Oct 2 11:25:54 EDT 2009

   BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
Thanks Derek.     I have done that for the most part but I am not sure
how to do that with respect to "Current Earnings" or "Net Income" from
previous years.   In Simply Accounting "Current Earnings" is a
separate account under Retained Earnings.  In GnuCash I understand
that is included in the "Retained Earnings" acount directly.   Please
understand my knowledge of accounting is quite limited so I can easily
be misunderstanding what is happening and what is supposed to be
happening.   Roger
 On Fri 02/10/09 09:50 , Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU sent:
 > Roger Miskowicz aretae at magma.
 > ca> writes:
 >

 > > I am migrating from Simply Accounting to GnuCash and
 > need to set the
 > > Retained Earnings from the previous year.
 >

 > > What is the proper way to do that?
 >

 > It's just a standard Opening Balance transaction from
Equity:Opening