Recording expense opening balance

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Oct 3 21:33:48 EDT 2009

Yes, you could.  GnuCash won't complain about the past date.  But you still
have the problem of the balancing entry.  You can't write a check on a past
date without increasing your opening bank balance by the amount, so it is
still correct on your starting date.  That is the curse of the double-entry
system.

Doug.