Help on spliting wages

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Oct 5 10:05:42 EDT 2009

.

> So would someone please be kind enough to help me.  Do I have to enter my
> salary into the Equity: Opening Balance account first and then have that
> transferred into my Everyday Access account which is my bill paying account
> and split my salary there?  or do I do the split in the Equity account
> first?

Hi Kim,

Equity:opening Balance won't come into this at all.  I assume that Super
Salary Sacrifice and Superannuation are something like pension contributions
made by you and your employer, which are tracked into some asset account.
They may just as well be expenses, I don't know.

You need a split transaction which looks something like this:
Income:BaseHours                             $500
Income:ExtraHours                             $300
Income:Superannuation                      $100
Expenses:Tax:PAYG     $200
Assets:SSS                    $50
Assets:Superannuation  $100
Bank:checking                $650