problem getting online quotes (not F::Q fault)

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Mon Oct 12 15:00:15 EDT 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:

> "AmigaPhil" <AmigaPhil at ping.be> writes:
>
>> - I found and old discussion about a similar problem on the list
>>   archive, but there is no clue in it as to how to resolve the problem.
>>   Derek suggested to run "gnc-fq-helper".  I tried that as well, but
>>   nothing was returned (I had to CTRL-C).
>
> gnc-fq-helper takes input on stdin, so try:
>
>   echo '.....' | gnc-fq-helper

Thanks.

With that command line, I checked all the securities I have configured
for online quotes retrieval, one by one.
And I finally found one that is causing an error:

> echo '(lerevenu "BE0169414522")' | gnc-fq-helper
  Can't call method "rows" on an undefined value at
  /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Finance/Quote/LeRevenu.pm line 105,
  <> line 1.

So, from the Security Editor, I've unchecked the 'Get online quote' for
that security, and now all other quotes are retrieved again, without
any more errors.

>> Note: I did not make any change in the GnuCash/F::Q/Perl installation
>> before the quotes stopped to be retrieved.  At first, this looked
>> like Yahoo has changed its web interface again.  But then, "gnc-fq-dump"
>> still works, which invalidate the suspicion of a change on the Yahoo
>> side.

That was about it, but it was not Yahoo at fault, but LeRevenu (Which I
forgot I had it configured as a source).

Something changed at LeRevenu.fr that is now triggering a bug in
LeRevenu.pm.

AmigaPhil