"Action" tab

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Tue Oct 13 23:26:28 EDT 2009

I have never really understood the column immediately to the right of the
Date.  Using the "Auto-split Register" view there is a field marked "Num."  I
normally use that for check numbers, but a recent thread suggested that it
should be for a transaction number.

Then there are the two selection menus on the "detail" lines.  Those used to
contain options such as I would expect on the line above, "check", etc., but
currently, for my checking account, they show only three options more
appropriate to stock transactions.  I have looked at my Account settings, and
the account is still a checking account.  Probably, I associated it with my
stock transactions, instead of having a separate bank account specifically for
stocks.

Is this how it should be?

Doug.