How to transfer GC files from old Windows XP coomputer to new Windows Vista computer

Norman Yeh normyeh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:50:11 EDT 2009

Dear Gnucash (GC) Experts,

I was running GC 2.2.9 on an old computer with Windows XP Professional. Now I have a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

I have already downloaded and installed 2.2.9 on the Vista 64 computer. It will open without any problems, but I have NOT created ANY accounts or saved ANY files hoping to transfer them from the old computer.

I see from the old XP computer that I can "Export Accounts". But on the new Vista computer "Import" menu, I see a long list of different file types to import, but nothing that says "import accounts" to correspond to the exported accounts from the old system.

Using a removable hard disk between the 2 computers, how can I transfer all the GC data AND configuration settings I have on the old XP computer to the new Vista computer? I am NO programmer and would greatly appreciate details.

Thanks!

Norman