GnuCash Reports

GlebM glex.spb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 21:44:07 EDT 2009

Hi, Derek!

All the reports generated are w3c-malformed.
Reports cannot be exported as anything but html.
Formatting options are very limited.
The values displayed are not formatted properly. ( -USD 100 instead of $
(100,00))

I am planning on submitting a bunch of bug reports into bugzilla, but here
is an example for now:

General Ledger bugs
1. Balances reported are always debit balances, even for credit accounts
(results in negative values on credit accounts).
If you set reverse sign for credit accounts option, then signs are ok, but
debit and credit are swapped (!) for credit accounts.

2. If you have several transaction on the same date (sorting: account name,
date), you may get something like this
<code>
Cash
01/04/2009 $ 45.000,00             $ 45.000,00
01/04/2009             $ 27.000,00 $ 13.200,00
01/04/2009             $ 4.800,00  $ 40.200,00
</code>

---

Having something like .rhtml available for making reports would produce a
multitude of beautifully formatted well-formed reports.

Cheers,
Gleb