Gnucash 2.3.7 released

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 16:22:51 EDT 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:43:58 -0400
Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> wrote:

> Announcement: GnuCash 2.3.7 Release
> 2009-10-07
>
> GnuCash 2.3.7 released
>
> The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.3.7, the eighth of
> several unstable 2.3.x releases of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software which
> will eventually lead to the stable version 2.4.0. With this new release
> series, GnuCash can use an SQL database using SQLite3, MySQL or PostgreSQL. It
> runs on GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX. This release
> is intended for developers and testers who want to help tracking down all
> those bugs that are still in there.

Hi Phil,
I have a question of data storage when using the database backend: the field post_date is a timesamp wtihout timezone and stores the date in UTC. Thus, a record of posted 2009-01-01 is stored in the database as '2008-12-31 23:00:00' (I am in GMT+1). Running now some sql reports unsing the date_trunc('year', post_date') would move that posting into previous year. Could 'post_date' be chnaged to a timestamp with timezone? That would make using other reporting tools (like ruby on rails) easier to handle.

Thanks and best regards,
Klaus