Reconciliation Report & General Journal

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Sat Oct 24 07:08:00 EDT 2009

> No, a Bank Reconciliation Report is another step after the bank
> statement where you add in the last deposits and subtract the last
> cheques and show that the balance you have recorded still is the
> same as the bank's record of the balance.

1.  When you perform a reconciliation, you start with a known opening
reconciled balance (it's the closing balance from the last
reconciliation), and you enter the new reconciled balance.  You then
select reconciled transactions, and you should come to the entered new
balance (ie, the amount remaining must be zero).  This confirms that your
reconciled amount is correct according to that statement, and continues
to be so over the entire chain of reconciliations.

If that isn't good enough, then:

2.  When viewing the bank account, you can select to view or not
reconciled transactions, and you can print this out.

3.  When viewing the accounts list page, you can see (if you set it up)
both the current balance and the current cleared balance.

I would have thought that one of the above should serve your purpose ...

Colin