QIF import: not require header line

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Tue Oct 27 13:40:35 EDT 2009

Grant wrote:

> Can gnucash be set to not require the header line in imported QIF
> files?  My idiotic bank (Chase) doesn't include the header line.

You can open a QIF file with any text editor and add the header.

> BTW, is anyone using a bank in the US they like?  Washington Mututal
> was great, but that's over now.

I handle almost all of my banking through a local bank, Cecil Bank:
http://cecilbank.com/

I get 2% on NOW checking and 2.6% on 1-year CDs, I've yet to be hit with
an unreasonable surprise fee, and their service is thorough, responsive,
 and friendly. I believe you have to live in a certain geographic area
to open an account with them, though. There may be a similar local bank
near you.

I also have accounts with PNC and with ING Direct. If I couldn't do
business with Cecil Bank, I'd probably use PNC because I occasionally
like walking into a building and talking with a live human, and because
I still have occasion to write a paper check. Were it not for that, I'd
use ING Direct for everything.

https://www.pnc.com/
http://home.ingdirect.com/

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments