gnucash won't open

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 30 16:04:42 EDT 2009

Quoting Harold <hh6199 at yahoo.com>:

> OK. I installed gdb and ran the suggestions and have attached the
> output for those commands. Probably a lot of stuff in the file that
> is not needed but I thought I should edit it since I am not that
> enlightened about what is there.

You ran the backtrace at the wrong point.  Can you run it when you get:

[Switching to Thread 0xb60526b0 (LWP 22140)]
0xb766ddb5 in gnucash_sheet_styles_set_dimensions ()
   from /usr/lib/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-register-gnome.so
(gdb) run --nofile

(instead of "run --nofile", type "bt").  Or better yet, type:  t a a bt
which is short for thread apply all backtrace

Thanks,