how to deal with paypal fees

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Fri Oct 30 22:16:39 EDT 2009

I'm not an expert at book-keeping so curious how others deal with
this.

I invoiced someone for $250 of work - they decided to paid me via
Paypal which took out there $13.00 or something so the money I
transferred from Paypal to my checking account was less than my
invoice amount.

I'm not sure how best to deal with this - just mark the invoice paid
even though the deposit amount doesn't equal the amount in Accounts
Receivable - or add a "Paypal Fees" account and deduct that somehow?

Thanks for any pointers.

Josh