GC 2.3.7 in Karmic Kubuntu

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Oct 31 22:25:57 EDT 2009

I can't comment further.  The workaround I suggested should help, but should
not be necessary.  I am downloading karmic, but for me, it is a second OS that
I rarely use.   There is no link from Ubuntu's home page to their Debian-style
packages list to check versions, and their search facility doesn't find it.  I
will try to keep out of fixing "foreign" distro problems. (I can already hear
Derek cheering!)

In this kind of situation, I give up and use the distro's supplied package.

Doug.