Spam:*****, Both 2.2.9 and 2.3.5 on Windows?

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Fri Sep 4 16:46:00 EDT 2009

I understand you can only *install* one version.  However, you can *run*
another version from a pen-drive without any form on installation using
the PortableApps system (http://portableapps.com/) which I strongly
recommend in any case for other things.  If you set up a PortableApps
installation on a pen-drive, then you can take your Gnucash programs and
data to any windows machine, and run it without installation!!! Of course,
you don't actually *need* to use a pen-drive - you can simply copy the
directory from the pen-drive onto your own hard disk and run it from
there (you may need to set up a shortcut yourself!  :-)  Gnucash 2.2.9 is
available in PortableApps (see
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/gnucash_portable)

I can confirm that I have run two separate versions of gnucash on the
same machine using this method.

Colin