gnucash exe installer

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 21:44:22 EDT 2009

Richard DeLozier wrote:
> the wiki has a link to where to download a windows installer for gnucash, and so I click it, and I see a mac installer there, and linux binaries, but there is not a win32 installer at the page. how can I get a win32 installer?

Here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/2.2.9/gnucash-2.2.9-setup.exe/download
> on a side note, is this a program that my dad could use? you know a typical I dont know how to use the computer, but I try type of dad? he uses msmoney...

I'll tell you my experience. I introduced the program to my dad a few
months ago. He's much more comfortable doing his bookkeeping on pen and
paper than on the computer. The most he's done so far is budgets with
Excel. Then again, he did become proficient with big in-house banking
software handling sensitive financial transactions, but that was out of
necessity.

He found Gnucash confusing, but I suppose it was all new and unfamiliar.
I'm trying to show him the basics repeatedly, from time to time, so that
he can slowly get comfortable with them. Not much progress so far, but
now at least he's familiar with the interface--the accounts page,
individual account registers, etc. I really believe anyone can get used
to any software with a good teacher, some time and practice. And Gnucash
is really easy for someone with an accounting background.

The next step is to get him into the habit of entering information on a
regular basis.

Good luck, and hope you have fun with Gnucash.

Yawar

--
OpenPGP key ID E8C20DD4