No subject

Thomas Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Tue Sep 8 15:41:44 EDT 2009

Hi Eric,

You said:

I have looked at the reports in gnucash and wondered where or if there is a

report that does the following:

For a specified reporting period it lists the following four values for each

account:

1) The value of the account at the begin of the period.

2) The sum of all payments that went in the account during this period.

3) The sum of all payments that went out of the account during this period.

4) The value of the account at the end of the period.

This seems to be a very basic reporting function but I cannot find it.

All the balance reports seem to look very different from this and contain

only parts of this requirement.

What you describe is really just a condensed General Ledger.  I don't know if GC has that capability right now,  but I would look at the General Ledger and see what you might be able to craft from that GC area.

Good luck.

Tom Bullock