Is it possible to use a different numeric format than current locale on windows?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 10 10:40:01 EDT 2009

2009/9/10 Pavol Mravec <palo at ksp.sk>:
> I am using gnucash on German Windows but I want to use it in English locale.
> I added 'set LC_ALL=en_US' to the gnucash.cmd file. That changed the
> language of the GUI but the numeric format used is still German. I want to
> use the point as decimal separator instead of comma. Is it possible? I am
> using gnucash version  2.2.9 on German Windows XP.

It may not be an appropriate solution for you, but you can change the
number format on the PC without changing the locale.  I don't remember
exactly where but I expect a bit of investigation in control panel, or
googling, would soon find it.  Numbers in all apps would then use that
of course, so it might not be what you want.

Colin