Is it possible to use a different numeric format than current locale on windows?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 10 12:47:22 EDT 2009

Quoting Michael Leone <turgon at mike-leone.com>:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>> Pavol Mravec <palo at ksp.sk> writes:
>>
>>> I am using gnucash on German Windows but I want to use it in
>>> English locale.
>>> I added 'set LC_ALL=en_US' to the gnucash.cmd file. That changed the
>>> language of the GUI but the numeric format used is still German. I want to
>>> use the point as decimal separator instead of comma. Is it possible? I am
>>> using gnucash version  2.2.9 on German Windows XP.
>>
>> Try:
>>
>>  set LANG=en_US
>
> Try: CONTROL PANEL, REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS.

Umm, except this changes the whole Windows interface to English, which
I don't think is what the OP wanted.  I think they just wanted to run
GnuCash in English but keep the rest of Windows in German.  At least
that what MY interpretation of the OP.