About cash flow forecast

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Fri Sep 11 15:46:25 EDT 2009

For the next few months (2?), I'm committed to seeing 2.3.X/2.4.0 to release, with a database backend and webkit for html.  Once 2.4.0 is complete, the next area I'm interested in is reports and potentially tools such as this.

Where you (Daniel) as a user can add value, even if you aren't a programmer, is to define and specify the feature.  If there are any dialog boxes, you can figure out their layout.  You can think through the workflow to use the feature.

There have been requests to include future scheduled transactions in a budget projection.  Is that all that would be needed?  The text below says "This feature lets you enter one-time anticipated expenses, or create more complex structures such as bi-weekly or bi-monthly schedules."  How would this be done?  What flexibility would be allowed?  Do you want to have a list of these schedules with check-boxes beside them, and see the effect as you add or remove them, or shift them forward or backward in time?

Webkit supports DHTML (dynamic html).  Do we want to make use of that somehow?  One feature of Quicken I miss is the shapshot page where I can put a number of small charts or bits of information.  I think that would be easier with webkit, but someone needs to specify how the user interacts with them.

Phil