Gnucash does not open anymore

Xavier LAROSE x.larose at mac.com
Sat Sep 12 11:59:44 EDT 2009

The link on fink project did not help.
I did not know about Xquartz and I have found on : http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki

nowLeopard Notice

1.6 contains version 2.3.4 of X11. Not surprisingly, this version lies
between 2.3.3.2 and 2.4.0. It contains all the fixes that went into
Xplugin, quartz-wm, and most of the server fixes, but it is still on
the 1.4 server branch. Most of the userland libraries were updated to
what was shipped in 2.4.0 with a few exceptions.

2.4.0 will not be released for SnowLeopard. 2.4.1 will be the first
release that can be installed on SnowLeopard. There will be separate
Leopard and SnowLeopard packages for 2.4.1 and later. On SnowLeopard,
X11 will no longer install over the system's X11. It will install in
its own prefix to allow side-by-side use with the Apple-provided X11.

Actually I have X11 2.3.4. Do you think it could work i I install
2.4.0 now since I have not installed it before 10.6 ? Or it is better
to delete the fink installation and starting over ?

Xavier LAROSE