pending vs. cleared transactions

T. Howell-Cintron lists at kathera.com
Sun Sep 13 15:22:02 EDT 2009

fireflys_98 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I do the former, while it takes a while for the transactions to appear on chase website, they should still be dated correctly.
>
> James

> Phil Longstaff wrote:
>>> When dealing with your checking/debit account do you enter the contents
>>> of receipts immediately, and during reconciliation verify the expenses
>>> with your bank, or do you wait for your bank to clear the transaction
>>> and just assume it's reconciled at that point?
>>
>> As far as I am concerned, there is no right way or wrong way. My

James & Phil,

Thank you for your valuable advice.  The Chase site shows transactions
pending for far longer than I'm willing to wait, so I think the best
solution would be for me to hand-enter the transactions in to GC as I
get them, mark them reconciled once they clear, and then verify the
whole thing when I get my monthly statement.

Thanks again!
-- Tom