Hidden Accounts

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Fri Sep 18 06:03:00 EDT 2009

> Just out of curiosity, what's the purpose of hiding an account?  Is
> it just to clear your account view of any deprecated expense or
> liability accounts, or.. ?

Generally they are historical income and expense accounts that are no
longer used, but which still contain a transaction split (from closing
the books at the year end).  I don't want to delete the accounts for that
reason, but neither do I want them cluttering up my currently-used chart
of accounts.  The simple thing is simply make them invisible - but then
you don't want 'em appearing in the drop-down, 'cos it defeats the object
of hiding 'em!

Colin