Hidden Accounts

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Sep 18 15:56:14 EDT 2009

>I use it for asset/liability accounts I no longer have..  I dont want to
>delete the accounts because there are still historical transactions into
>them, even if the current (and future) value is 0.

Another useful purpose is for accounts that are not necessarily forever
obsolete but very rarely used and then only for special purposes. Being
able to hide these saves recreating them each time they are again
needed. Useful if you are otherwise including in the reports other
accounts which happen to have a zero balance but you want them included
anyway as they are of continuous interest (if you don't want reports to
show ANY zero balance accounts you can specify that).

A couple examples might be useful? My two are "bank error" and
"insurance reimbursement". Very rare to have a bank error not yet
resolved at report time and hopefully one only rarely has casualty
losses bringing insurance into play.

Michael