How to install Digest::SHA

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Wed Sep 23 13:20:09 EDT 2009

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:13:14 am Fiable.biz (directeur) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as explained in the tutorial:
> 8.6.3.1. Installing Finance::Quote
> I launched as root
> gnc-fq-update
> and got the error message:
>   CPAN: checksum security checks disabled because Digest::SHA not
> installed. Please consider installing the Digest::SHA module.
>
> I've no idea how to install this module. Would someone be so kind as to
> help me?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> http://www.celeonet.fr

I haven't checked, but Digest::SHA should be a CPAN module just like
Finance::Quote.  My distro (Mandriva) has a package perl-Digest-SHA, or you
can use CPAN: as root, run "perl -MCPAN -e shell;" including the ";" and
follow the prompts.  Then when you have a basic setup, run "install
Digest::SHA".  man cpan.

HTH,

Doug.