Parsing error

paintguy374 floyderoberts3 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 17:57:00 EDT 2009

I am having I believe a related/similar problem. I have been using GC for
over 18 months first on W2K and then on Ubuntu Heron... I had no problem
transfering the files too and fro. about 9 month ago I began using only the
Ubuntu.  I am trying to retain temporary help with my books and facilitate
that by passing the file back and forth. The person helping has Vista. Vista
opens the files but gets the "parse error" on save... I have reloaded GC on
the vista machine several times with no luck. Whats more I went back to my
W2K machine which was still running 2.2.4 (ubuntu and vista versions are
2.2.9) and no luck....
Please please help getting this fixed is a big deal for me as I would like
to use GC and both the bookeeper and accounting firm are willing to help If
I can transfer files successfully....
THANKS
Floyd