Gnucash 2.2.9.4 on OS X 10.4

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman at csun.edu
Mon Sep 28 09:37:41 EDT 2009

I run OS X 10.4.11 on an intel macbook.

I downloaded Gnucash-Intel-2.2.9.4.dmg dated Sun Sep 27 2009 01:34

gnucash crashes on startup with the following message in console.log

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/
libgtk-quartz-2.0.0.dylib
   Reason: Incompatible library version: libgtk-quartz-2.0.0.dylib
requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides
version 5.0.0

Running otool produces
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib:
         /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0,
current version 5.0.0)
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 88.1.3)

A previous message on gnucash-user from August 30 discussed the same
problem and included the words:

"My understanding of the issue is that the DMG was just built against
the wrong SDK, so it wasn't built against Tiger's DyLibs, but instead
was built against Leopard's DyLibs... Which is why it wont work on
Tiger.

The maintainer has said he plans to build a new package which should
correct this issue."
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-August/031225.html

Will the dmg be built against Tiger?

Al Kinderman