Data files in upgrade, 2.0.3 -> 2.2.9

milgram at cgpp.com milgram at cgpp.com
Thu Apr 1 09:15:22 EDT 2010

All,

Just upgraded 2.0.3->2.2.9 (GSB packages on Slack 13 - easy
install). Have all my 2.0.3 data in two separate files.

File #1 opened fine in 2.2.9, was able to work on it and save, and
subsequent re-opening went well too.

File #2 opened fine in 2.2.9, was able to work on it and save... but
subsequent re-opening yields a parse error popup with no corresponding
details in stderr or elsewhere that I can find.

Since both files are kept in same place, and I get the problem with only
one of them, I presume it's not the "overwriting with metadata" problem
I found in the FAQ. For what it's worth, I keep the data files in
~/gnucash and gnucash seems to keep the metadata files in ~/.gnucash.

The main difference I know of between the two files is that File #2 (the
problem file) contains invoices; the other does not. No idea if this is
relevant.

I did try "Check & Repair"; no luck. I don't know how to tell if it
found or did anything.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this? Fortunately, I have backups :)

thanks!

Judah
milgram at cgpp.com