Perl script for "closing the books" in a GnuCash file

John R. Carter, Sr. john at jrcarter.com
Sun Apr 4 18:29:28 EDT 2010

Hi Jonathan. I just came across your perl script for closing the books on GnuCash (posted Jan 31, 2005 at lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2005-January/012817.html). Nice! However, it doesn't run on my Mac (OSX 10.6.2) due to "Can't locate XML/DOM.pm", and probably more. My perl is either 5.10.0 or 5.8.9, whichever one I want to access. That script might not work on the latest version of GnuCash anyway (2.2.9 for the Mac).

Maybe you have an update on that script?
--
John Carter