Multiple .gnucash directories?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 6 15:35:24 EDT 2010

On 6 April 2010 18:42, Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> Is it possible to configure GnuCash to use a directory other than ~/.gnucash
> for its settings?
>
> I need to (temporarily) run different versions of GnuCash without them
> changing each other's settings.

I had this problem also as I wanted to test 2.3.x while running 2.9
for 'production'.  I do this by having a number of shell scripts
(batch files in windows).  Each one has a copy of .gnucash
(.gnucash_1, _2 etc) and the script renames this to .gnucash before
running the program and then renames it back at the end.  Each script
also explicitly opens the appropriate data file also.

Colin