eguile dev environment

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Apr 6 16:41:50 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 6 April 2010, Gour wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:46:28 +0100

> Chris> I suspect not -- unless GnuCash itself can be invoked in a
> Chris> non-GUI way. The C and guile bits of GnuCash appear to be
> Chris> tangled together in a way that is beyond my comprehension.
>
> I see...in the attempt to understand what's the meaning of
> 'gnucash-en' I've the following:
>
> http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/schemestart.html
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

Oww, that information is quite out of date.

gnucash-env sets up the environment exactly as GnuCash itself would see it and
then runs the command that was specified as an argument.

So strictly speaking, 'gnucash-env guile' would allow you to use the gnucash
specific guile modules as you suggest in an earlier mail.

I doubt if this will work though, because most of the gnucash guile code
relies on the gnucash-bin application to be running (at least that's how I
understand it), because it depends heavily on portions of the code that are
written in C.

Geert