Scrolling

Snood snood at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 18:33:16 EDT 2010

Paul A. wrote:
> Aha!  I saw the arrows, all right, but I misinterpreted their (undocumented)
> function.  I expected them to shift the entire tab bar left or right.
> Instead, they move to the next account in the indicated direction, even if
> it isn't showing on the screen yet.
Yup. I have to stop and think now and then about the GnuCash user
interface because it doesn't behave in quite the way I would expect on
several accounts. But that particular behavior of the arrows is at least
similar to the behavior of the tabbed browsers I've used.

The one that keeps getting to me is the fact that Ctrl-Tab isn't
supported for switching tabs. I'm a keyboard kind of guy, and I use
Alt-Tab for switching between windows in a given workspace and Ctrl-Tab
for switching tabs on just about every other application I run.

Nonetheless, I love my GnuCash. I got so sick of trying to cope with MS
Money and Quicken (not to mention a ton of other trashy applications)
over on the Windows side that it was one of the main reasons I quit
using Windows a year ago.