credit card - disputed transaction

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Apr 7 08:30:46 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 07 April 2010 12:28:13 Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> How would others enter a disputed transaction on a credit card?
> Because I can't finish the reconciliation, only store it for the future
> while the closing balance has not been reached.

Hi Liz.

I think that when my card got cloned a few years back, I took the view that
the fraudulent transactions had happened, and that the card company would
eventually give me a refund for them (which is what happened, about 2
statements later, once they realised that near-simultaneous transactions in
London and Miami could not both be valid!).

I'm fairly sure that I recorded the "bogus" info in GC to allow reconciling to
happen, possibly entering them to a sub-account of assets, rather than
expenses.  I'd have to look back through previous years archives to be sure,
though.

HTH,
Maf.