I really want them to go away

Paul A. abrahams at acm.org
Wed Apr 7 21:15:58 EDT 2010

I've already done a lot of work after my original Quicken import that would
be messed up, I think, if I did the import again with the modification you
suggest.  Plus it's not so easy to identify the accounts that I should
exclude.

As to the double-entry question: deleting a transaction is much like adding
one, so why should that create a problem?

I'm now wondering what would cause GnuCash to create a read-only
transaction.  Perhaps the only way is to import one from Quicken -- which
suggests that it should be possible to kill the read-only status.