Order for Tranaction Splits in the Register

LateNight webdrop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 20:42:47 EDT 2010

I'm sure there is a simple explanation to this.  I am trying to figure out
what defines the order the splits are displayed in so that I can rearrange
them to match a logical order for my transaction.  They are payroll
transactions so there are quite a few splits by the time I have the various
taxes liability amounts incorporated into the transaction.

I have tried the View:Sort options but but none of them affect the split
order.

I found the following but it doesn't seem to be impacting the register
> The "standard" sort is first by transaction (according to posting date,
> followed by number, entry date/time, description), and then by split memo,
> split action, split reconcile status, split amount, split value, and
> finally
> split reconcile date.

The only pattern that I can discern is that items with a value in the
Receive column seem to be displayed first.  From the above description, I
would have thought that the Memo would be the key bit they are not at all in
order.  Help?

Here is a copy from the journal report which has the same order as the
register.  Starting at the first split ("3 Gross Salary") down to
"Reimbursement of Expense" all have numbers or blanks in the left hand
column.
:
	3 Gross Salary	5 Expenses:Payroll Expenses:Salaries and Wages (Gross)
$2,500.00
	EI Witheld	2 Liabilities:Payroll Liabilities:EI Witholding
	CPP Company Expense	5 Expenses:Payroll Expenses:CPP Company	$117.09
	EI Company Expense	5 Expenses:Payroll Expenses:EI Company
	EI Company Liability	2 Liabilities:Payroll Liabilities:EI Company
	Reimbursement of Expenses	2 Liabilities:Current Liabilities:Accounts
Payable	$616.83
	Net Payment for Paycheque	1 Assets:Current Assets:Chequing CAD		$1,309.15
	Fed Tax Witheld	2 Liabilities:Payroll Liabilities:Fed Witholding		$109.55
	Prov Tax Witheld	2 Liabilities:Payroll Liabilities:Prov Witholding		$54.21
	CPP Witheld	2 Liabilities:Payroll Liabilities:CPP Witholding		$117.09
	CPP Company Liability	2 Liabilities:Payroll Liabilities:CPP Company
$117.09
	Payment for RRSP	2 Liabilities:Payroll Liabilities:RRSP Contributions
Unpaid		$910.00
	Net Payment for Reimbursement of Expenses	1 Assets:Current Assets:Chequing
CAD		$616.83