Printer question, none show up

Ken Springer snowshed at dishmail.net
Fri Apr 9 15:49:15 EDT 2010

GnuCash 2.2.9, Build r17949M on 2009-09--8
Mac OS X 10.5.8

I'm just starting to learn GnuCash, and I'm not migrating from anything
except pencil and paper.   LOL

I couldn't find any info in the archives on printing issues with OS X, but
maybe I looked in the wrong place.

GnuCash loaded just fine, but I wanted to print some reports before entering
any data to see what they looked like.  When I open the Print Report menu,
there are no printers listed.  I have 2 USB and one network printer
installed.  Is this normal, which seemingly means I can't select a printer
to use, or did something go wrong during installation?

I can export a web page, but that's got a small bug apparently.  The export
function does *not* automatically add the .html file extension to the file
name.  As a result, when you open the report, you get a blank window in your
browser.  And Macs do not automatically add file extensions to filenames.
Normal, or did I miss something here?

I did discover that if I manually add the extension to the file name, the
data does show in the web browser.  So I can get the report printed,
although I am not pleased about having to go this route to get the data
out.  I want my computer to do this mundane work of printing.   LOL

Ken Springer

"All progress depends upon the unreasonable person."
George Bernard Shaw

Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for
cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!"
President William McKinley

http://www.greeleynet.com/~wordwork/airpage.htm