Best way to track child expenses?

Daniel Trezub daniel3ub at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:41:52 EDT 2010

Hi, Kaus.

It's not a matter of control the rest of the family. The money I track is my
money, but money I spend with my daughter. She has her own money, that she
tracks the way she thinks is the best (she thinks she is not ready for
gnucash or other software yet).
As with any kind of expense, I like to know how much I've spend with her,
and where.
Putting all my expenses with her in the "kids' account, for example, does
not tell me where I've spent my money, right?
And, as we are in a never ending process of money education, I like to know
that, for example, 90% of my clothing expenses last month was with her
clothings :) Hey, little girl, I think we have to slow down the clothing
shopping this month, right?

So, I think my question is answered. In my case, it's best to track it the
"Clothes: Daughter" way than the "Daughter: Clothes" way.

Thanks for you opinion, Klaus!

=====
Daniel Trezub
http://www.gameblogs.com.br