I need help

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Apr 10 08:38:33 EDT 2010

>	Credit Expenses->Entertainment
>	Credit Expenses->Groceries
>	Credit Expenses->Household
>		Debit Assets->Current->Checking
>
>That's a three-way split. The sum of the Credits must equal the Debit.
>If you try to complicate the matter by trying to do an additional split in one of the Credit registers you will only be wasting your time. If the transactions all happened on the same day with the same payment (whether it be an expense or an income), do it all here in this one transaction.
>
>Effectively, you can split a payment into as many accounts as there are pennies in the amount.
>--
>John Carter

Just to make clearer what I have been saying:

To me that is a simple "one side" split. A single credit is being
balanced by some number of  debits (yes, I switched the example around).
When I refer to a "two way" split I mean a transaction where BOTH the
credit side and the debit side of the transaction involve multiple accounts.

Michael