GnuCash beta/unstable versions

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke at gmx.de
Sat Apr 10 16:48:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:55:20 -0600
Ken Springer <snowshed at dishmail.net> wrote:

> GnuCash 2.2.9, Build r17949M on 2009-09--8
> Mac OS X 10.5.8
>
> I would like people's thoughts on using the unstable versions of the
> program.  I've yet to set up any accounts, or enter any valid data, so I'm
> still in the learning stages.
>
> I've already had the "stable" version crash a few times, and needed to do a
> force quit to get out of it.
>
> All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Hi Ken,
I use since quite some time gnucash-2.3.8 with the database backend (postgresql). I haven't detect any problem so far (no crach at all), but I use gnucash only to track my private finances incl. retrieveing online-quotes and bank statements. I don't run the business side of gnucash.

Besst regards,
Klaus