View All Transactions at Once?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Apr 12 03:29:01 EDT 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010 06:13:39 Jhonnatan Perkins wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I am running 2.2.9 stable.
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to see all the transactions for a given
> day and TO HAVE the possibility to edit them in a filter-by-date basis?
>
> Basically I just discovered transactions are ordered by description, but if
> a transaction number is found, this will be the order by default. And so I
> want to go day by day at least of the past month and put the numbers in all
> transactions for a given day so that the balance is reflected correctly.
>
> Is there any way to do this or any "cheesy" workaround you guys can gimme
> an insight into?
>
> Thanks a lot for your time!

Hi,

Can you get what you want using a combination of View -> Sort By... and
View -> Filter By...?

I don't really understand your first paragraph - if you are viewing a single
day's transactions, then filtering by date seems a bit pointless?

I think that the standard sort order precedence for a register is Date, Num,
entry_date, description.

HTH,
Maf.