qif import - transaction - description field

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 12 10:59:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

Terrence Brannon <schemelab at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I [created a qif file using the Perl module
> Finance::QIF](http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=1k2adbLu)
>
> The problem is that each transaction has no information in the
> description field, as shown in this [screen
> shot](http://bit.ly/9KxCK6)
>
> Is there some field I can add to each transaction in the QIF file so
> that the description field is not empty?

Well, what you're showing in your second image is the list of accounts,
not the list of transactions.  So what's missing there are your ACCOUNT
descriptions, which is due to not including !Account settings for those
additional accounts.