Moving a transaction to a different account

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 14:08:53 EDT 2010

I'm not sure I fully understand your problem, but I am assuming that you're saying that you are in Account A's register, and are looking to change a transaction such as:

4/12/2010 Wolmort
    Expenses:Account A  $100
    Cash:MyChecking    ($100)

so that it uses Expenses:Account B instead. Yes? If so, you can do what I do, which is simply change the account to Expenses:Account B. When you press enter, the transaction will "disappear" from the current register, and end up in Account B.

David