Transaction.c and xaccTransOrder

necochino necochino at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 11:46:48 EDT 2010

I'm using GnuCash to help my wife with her small business.  I've modified the
owner-report a bit to suit her needs, but now I need to modify the
xaccTransOrder routine so it sorts first by the "number" field and then by
the transaction date.  I use the "number" field to keep track of invoices
and payments.  I want to have all transactions together (invoice, then
payments).

Fixing the Transaction.c file is simple enough.  What I need to know is...
what next?  Do I need to compile?  Build?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Guillermo