Version 2.2.9 - MT940 import

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 12 16:18:47 EDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 9:05 AM, Dexxter wrote:

> I'm encountering the same problem: mt940 import from a ABNAMRO bank account
> shows no data at all. This thread is very useful, however, I'm using a mac
> and apparently any of the files mentioned above, do not exist on this
> version.
>
> Will a simple (but maybe ugly) hack be possible in this setup?
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.

They do, you just have to know how to look for them:

First, be sure to get the Gnucash-Intel-2.2.9.5.dmg I uploaded to the website last week; it includes some plugins which I had left out of previous bundles, one of which you need for handling MT940 files.

Control-Click on Gnucash.app in Finder and select "View Package Contents" from the context menu. A new Finder window will open showing only a folder called "Contents". Open it, then "Resources", "share", "aqbanking", "imexporters", "swift", and "profiles" in turn; you'll find the conf files in that folder, and you can edit them with TextEdit.

Regards,
John Ralls