Separating multiple sales taxes on invoice?

Paul d'Aoust amillionlobsters at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:50:09 EDT 2010

Hi there. Using GnuCash 2.2.9, I'm having trouble with invoices. I live in
Canada, where most provinces have two taxes -- PST and GST. I've set up tax
tables for one, the other, and both, and they all seem to be working fine --
from an accounting perspective, at least. The thing I don't understand is
that on the invoice (both when I'm editing it, and on the printed invoice
form) both taxes are lumped into one value ('Tax'). This doesn't work well
for Canadian users, however, because we're supposed to separate both taxes
from each other on the invoice.

I've searched the mailing list, and I've searched the documentation, and
I've searched Google at large, and haven't found any answers. Does anyone
know what I can do about this?

Thanks,
Paul d'Aoust