Changing "Make Cheques Payable To"

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 16 15:30:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

"Alex Hill" <alex_hill at arach.net.au> writes:

> I am looking at chaning the line on the fancy invoice which says "Make Cheques Payable to: COMPANY NAME"
>
> I want this to be different to my company name (my actual name, which is listed underneath as the ":Direct all inquiries to" line.
>
> I assume that editing the style sheet is the best way to do this, but I am lost on which lines to edit.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to change the phrase "Make Cheques Payable to" you can do so
in the report options.  However if you want the change the object,
"COMPANY NAME" to be something *other* than your company name then no,
you cannot do this in the report options or style sheet..  You would
need to edit the actual report program (fancy-invoice.scm) to change the
code that outputs this section.  Right how it's hard-coded to output the
company name:

	  (if (opt-val "Display" "Payable to")
	      (let* ((name (kvp-frame-get-slot-path-gslist
			    slots (append gnc:*kvp-option-path*
					  (list gnc:*business-label*
						gnc:*company-name*))))
		     (name-str (opt-val "Display" "Payable to string")))
		(if (and name (> (string-length name) 0))
		(gnc:html-document-add-object!
		 document
		 (gnc:make-html-text
		  (string-append name-str  ":&nbsp;"
		  (string-expand name #\newline "<br>")))))))

You would need to change the value of 'name' here to be what you want
instead of the company name.