[gc2latex.pl] Invoice.pm: Can't call method "child"...

cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 04:22:38 EDT 2010

* cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com:

>   Can't call method "child" without a package or object reference at
>   /usr/share/perl5/Gnucash/Business/Invoice.pm line 32.

gc2latex is a pretty rough on the edges.  Gnucash files are compressed
by default, and need to be uncompressed to work with gc2latex.

The answer to my issue (quoted above), in case anyone has the same
problem, is that the invoice must be posted before running the PERL
script.

If there is no tax table, another PERL error will occur.  The solution
then is to create a tax table row (a dummy one if it's unneeded).
After that, LaTeX invoices will generate.

So these are the undocumented preconditions for running gc2latex:

 * gnucash data file must be uncompressed
 * invoice must be generated and *posted* in the GC file
 * GC file must contain a tax table whether it's used or not