Getting Started for 2010

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Apr 20 07:59:54 EDT 2010

PS ---- Sorry if I did not explain (why separate books)

I did not mean to imply that you COULDN'T use one GnuCash file and still
produce REPORTS for the separate entities.

But I was taking as given the adage "never voluntarily show them more
than legally required". If you use ONE file for all three logical books
then if ANY of the entities is being audited you would have to show them
the transactions for all three.

Get professional advice. And that MAY involve the choice of accounting
software as whatever accountant you use might have a strong preference.
It shouldn't, but it might.

Michael