Error Parsing the File

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Apr 21 04:09:39 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 21 April 2010, Peggy Pignato wrote:
>  Hello again!
>
>  Yes, I used the Opening Balances Tab.
>  I use Windows Vista SP2.
>  English, date format mm/dd/yyyy.
>
>  Is there any way to retrieve the information that I input, or will I need
>  to start all over again?

If you are comfortable with manually editing xml code, this is fairly easy to
fix.

In very short:
Your data file is a compressed xml file, so you will first have to uncompress
it using a tool like 7-zip. Then open the uncompressed file and find the
transactions that are missing the trn:date-posted objects and add those.

If this sounds too complicated, and you are willing to trust a complete
stranger with you financial data, you can send me your data file off-list and
I can do it for you.

Geert