Reconcile Will NOT Allow Finish

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 26 21:54:28 EDT 2010

Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> writes:

> Thanks, I will try that next month; because that is what I did. I used
> the current date instead of the statement closing date.

You need to use not only the statement date, but also the statement
ending balance!  GnuCash gives you a guess as to the ending balance
based on the date you enter, but you MUST select the ACTUAL ending
balance as on your statement!

It sounds like you selected neither the statement ending date nor the
statement ending balance in your reconciliation.

Good Luck,