GNUcash - tutorial and concepts guide

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 3 11:07:23 EDT 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 2:34 PM, Barry Seidenstat wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Yes I did read the readme.  I can't seem to find the show package contents. However, I did find the online help.
> All I wanted to do today was ender a customer, a project, a billing amount and print an invoice.  Couldn't figure out how to get that done. This tool may be too complex for me.
>

> Thanks
>
> Barry Seidenstat
> barry at roicomm.com
> 720-319-3757
>

> On Aug 2, 2010, at 2:51 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>

>> On Aug 2, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Anthony Dardis wrote:
>>
>>> The Mac .dmg download doesn't include the docs. Two options: use the on-line versions; or, if you build GnuCash on your machine, it will include the docs.
>>
>> The Mac .dmg download most certainly *does* include the docs; they're just hard to find except in the most recent development builds. In Finder, control-click (or right-click) on Gnucash.app and select "Show Package Contents". In the new window that opens, navigate to Contents:Resources:English.lproj:Gnucash Guide:index.html (or ...:Gnucash Help:index.html) and double click it and it will open in your designated browser.
>>
>> This is covered in the Readme that is included in the .dmg. Didn't you read it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls

Please remember to copy the list on replies.

"Show Package Contents" is usually the second item on the context menu, between "Open" and "Move to Trash". (That's true only of bundles, like .apps and .frameworks. Other files don't have "package contents" to show, so the menu item doesn't appear.)

I don't use the business tools, so I can't help much with that. There are plenty of others here who do and can help.

Regards,
John Ralls